This year, there are so many exciting things happening at the Disney Parks and aboard the Cruise Ships including unforgettable anniversaries and spectacular grand openings! Here are our top reasons why 2018 is the perfect year to experience the magic of Disney!
- New Dining, Retail & Family-Friendly Entertainment Coming to Downtown Disney® District at the Disneyland Resort New dining and entertainment experiences are coming to Downtown Disney District very soon, including Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID and Splitsville Luxury Lanes. D-Street will also be reimagined into a retail space that offers Disney fans a variety of Disney-themed home goods.
- Pixar Fest Brings Celebration of Friendship Throughout DisneylandResort Beginning April 13– Beginning April 13, 2018, this limited-time celebration of friendship and beyond features the debut of an all-new “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” and the return of two favorite parades as well as even more beloved Pixar characters, new décor, atmosphere entertainment, themed food and beverage and new merchandise items.
- Pixar Pier Will Open June 23! – This summer will bring a transformed land for your Clients to experience at Disney California Adventure park when Pixar Pier opens along the southern shore of Paradise Bay, with newly themed attractions, foods, and merchandise throughout. This new, permanent land in the area that is now Paradise Pier will introduce four new neighborhoods representing beloved Disney·Pixar stories: “The Incredibles,” “Toy Story,” “Inside Out” and a fourth neighborhood that will be a celebration of many of your favorite Pixar stories.
Walt Disney World® Resort
- Disney Springs® Welcomes Eight New Dining Locations – A total of eight exciting new F&B locations are set to make their grand debuts at Disney Springs in 2018. The Edison, along with Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante, Enzo’s Hideaway and Pizza Ponte opened earlier this year, while Terralina Crafted Italian, Wine Bar George, Jaleo and Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill are set to debut later in the year.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom®Theme Park Celebrates It’s 20th Anniversary – The theme park dedicated to celebrating life in the animal kingdom marked a milestone 20th anniversary on Earth Day, April 22.
- Toy Story Land Opens June 30! – The highly anticipated expansion at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will debut to Guests this summer, and with it, two new attractions: Alien Swirling Saucers and the Slinky Dog Dash family coaster.
- The 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Brings 75 Days of Fall Fun Aug. 30-Nov. 12 – The Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival returns to Walt Disney World® Resort this fall with 75 days of entertainment, events, wonderful food and tasty beverages. The festival’s 23rd year runs from August 30 to November 12, 2018. This year’s festival will continue its tradition of fine dining events, appearances by favorite Disney culinarians and top celebrity chefs, and a slate of concerts from favorite bands of the last few decades.
Disney Cruise Line
- Star Wars Day at Sea and Marvel Day at Sea Return: Epic adventures at sea return to Disney Cruise Line with special engagements of two popular events – Star Wars Day at Sea and Marvel Day at Sea. Spanning two Disney cruise ships, sailing across the Caribbean and Bahamas, these cruises bring Disney and fan-favorite fun to families and guests of all ages.
- Rapunzel’s Royal Table Debuted on the Disney Magic in March – Exciting new spaces and experiences designed for Guests of all ages are coming to the Disney Magic in March, including an enchanting dining experience for families at Rapunzel’s Royal Table. The first table service restaurant themed to “Tangled” that features characters and live entertainment will transport your Clients to the kingdom of Corona for an evening of music and interactive fun
- Disney Cruise Line Visits New Destinations in Summer and Fall 2018 – Disney Cruise Line offers families a chance to see the world and explore magnificent destinations in 2018, including first-time visits to ports in Italy and Ireland during the summer and to Bermuda and Quebec City, Canada in the fall. Throughout the year, Disney Cruise Line will return to popular destinations in the Caribbean and Bahamas, Alaska, Europe, Canada and Mexican Riviera.